1. I want to learn more...
- I am sending my email address to Our94903community@yahoo.com.
- I will select an aspect I care deeply about. Could it be traffic?
- Water supplies? Schools? Environment? Replacing Jobs along 101 with high density luxury rentals? Light? Darkness to see the Stars? Views? Privacy? Quiet? Lack senior housing?
- I am checking out the other resources available on the Resources tab.
2. I want to do something...
- Sign the petition for development moratorium of large high density projects starting now until SMART train has operated for 2 years.
- Write letters to the editor. See Resources tab for details.
- Write Commissioners, board members, electeds and staff at the City and County listed on Resources tab.
- Join your local neighborhood/homeowner association. Email us at Our94903community@hotmail.com if you need contact information.
- Ask your association to become more active in the North San Rafael Coalition. Together we are better!
3. I will consider...
- Requesting the County create and the City offer their Planning Academy in order to understand the process.
- Thinking outside my (neighborhood) boundaries. Densification and gentrification are happening all over Marin.
- Developing a Community Bill of Rights to improve the process.
- Getting engaged by attending crucial meetings, serving on Commissions, running for office.
Fifty Ways to Love Your Country from MoveOn.org:
How to Find Your Political Voice and Become a Catalyst for Change.
1. Create (or use ours) an effective online petition.
2. Spread the word about online petitions.
3. Sign a petition.
4. Share informed political recommendations.
5. Speak out online.
7. Meet with your representatives.
8. Vote, no matter what.
9. Mobilize under-represented voters.
10. Register voters in unlikely places.
11. Organize an issue-specific voter registration drive.
12. Get your office to vote.
13. Maximize the vote on election day.
14. Make a personal request to non-voters.
15. Participate in a phone bank.
16. Read more, watch tv newsless.
17. Write a letter to the editor.
18. Respond to biased reporting.
19. Alert the media to uncovered events.
20. Place an ad.
21. Reform the media.
22. Make your own media.
23. Write an op-ed piece.
24. Start a political book club.
25. Write letters to Congress that work.
26. Talk to official you didn't elect.
27. Support clean elections.
28. Volunteer for campaigns.
29. Help run a campaign.
30. Hit the streets for your candidate.
31. Run for office to challenge incumbents.
32. Donate money.
33. Host a house party.
34. Petition effectively.
35. Attend a meet-up.
36. Serve as an elected official.
37. Act outside the box.
38. Serve your community.
39. Defy city hall.
40. Respond locally to national issues.
41. Attend a rally.
42. Instigate protective laws.
43. Initiate a constitutional amendment.
44. Get a socially-responsible day job.
45. Take action with your family.
46. Host a political salon.
47. Let your money speak.
48. Help others express their political views.
49. Express your views through art.
50. Advertise your political vision.